Monday, October 31, 2011

Leanne's 1st Love

It seems that Mr S will have more to worry than most dads when it comes to their daughter's interest in the birds, bees and other general fascination with the opposite sex.

Two days ago, Leanne declared her love for an 8 year old boy. That is not the only thing keeping her dad, me, awake at night. She also showed an uncanny ability to understand the significance of touch as an extension of affection and love.

It went a bit like this: Leanne and Gramma return from pre-nursery and are in the lift with said boy whom they recognise as a neighbour from another floor. Leanne reaches for the lift buttons as she normally does but the boy stops her - holding onto her shoulder while doing so. There was no reaction and no hint of what was to come next. When she left the lift car, she told her Gramma, "Chia-chia, when you bathe me later don't wash here [pointing to her shoulder where she was involuntarily held!]. I love that boy."

?!

What will I do when she turns seven?!

The next morning, Mrs S asks Leanne to tell me what happened in the lift. Leanne offers coyly, "I wanted to press the (lift) buttons but the boy touched me here. I don't love the boy anymore ..."

"Why?" I queried.

"Mummy says I cannot."

I wonder how long that line is going to work with this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment